Sponsored by Indiegogo the Go Crowdfund Britain tour aims to raise a million pounds to get some of Britain’s best ideas and coolest inventions off the ground this year. It’s a series of free events that’s visiting UK cities across three weeks starting June 23.
The events are aimed at people seeking crowd funding support, so should be a good meet and greet opportunity for interested investors. Indiegogo will be joined by experts and partners who will provide insights and advice to those who turn up.
“Great Britain is a nation of innovation but Britons are being stifled by a lack of available finance,” said UK Marketing and Community Manager Anastasia Emmanuel.” Through the power of Indiegogo, we want to see kitchen table businesses thrive, nurture new inventions, support amazing causes and stimulate Britons to fulfil their entrepreneurial ambitions and creative dreams.”
The tour is visting 10 cities around Britain, ending up in Edinburgh on 10 July 2014:
- Manchester (TechHub): June 23, 2014
- Birmingham (Fazeley Studios): June 24, 2014
- Swansea (TechHub): June 26, 2014
- Bristol (The Engine Shed): June 27, 2014
- Norwich (Sync Norwich): June 30, 2014
- Nottingham (Venue TBC): July 1, 2014
- Sheffield (Sheffield University): July 3, 2014
- Leeds (Tetley): July 6, 2014
- Newcastle (Campus North): July 8, 2014
- Edinburgh (TechCube): July 10, 2014
The tour also sees a special event in November as part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2014.